While Google abides by strict privacy regulations stock ROM (firmware), it’s not the same for other companies. There are bad actors out there, and you should be cautious of those who try to install them. The more obscure the ROM, the greater the risk of being hacked. However, the risks outweigh the benefits and the potential benefits. Along with monthly security updates to every supported device,
Most smartphones automatically make a backup in the background. But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup. It helps to replace the existing firmware on the device with a new version of the firmware.
- That’s how you can install a custom Android ROM on your phone.
- A relatively easy customization is to change one of the pre-built apps.
- Download the file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone and remember the location.
- We have listed the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro Flash File below.
It can be AOSP-based with few added features, more commonly referred to as “stock Android,” or it can be a full-fledged custom skin developed by a particular brand. Samsung Galaxy devices, for example, use a user interface called One UI, Xiaomi phones use MIUI, Oppo uses ColorOS, OnePlus uses OxygenOS, etc. Every UI looks unique and has a different set of features. There was a time when most Android users would root their Android phones and flash a custom ROM. Their main aim was to fully customize and improve the overall device performance. However, today’s Android phones are better than they have ever been.
- This flashing guide is easy and straightforward to follow.
- Once you’ve downloaded the ROM, you’ll need to download the Google Apps and install them.
- It’s the first tool you should use if you ever need to unbrick your phone.
If you don’t want to upload your backup to cloud storage or look for a method that does not require the internet, this method is for you. You have to contact your android device to PC/Laptop and enable file transfer from your phone. Now copy the following folders as shown in the below screenshot. If you choose the “Original” option, your files will be uploaded to the original size. You can access these backed up images and videos from any Smartphone, PC, Tablet, you have to log in with your Gmail account, and you are good to go. I have shown you two methods to take a complete backup of android. The first method is for those users who don’t have root access, and the Second method is for Rooted android users.